What is BrowseControl’s Internet Scheduler?
BrowseControl’s Internet scheduler allow you to set different Internet restrictions at different times of the day. By using the Internet scheduler, you can allow your employees to go on leisure websites during the lunch or break time.
Explaining the different Schedule Types
- Internet ON: the employee will have full Internet access until the stop time is reached. The period during the stop time and the next start time, the Internet will be set to off. The original Allowed list and Blocked list from the URL filter is still active.
- Custom Allowed list: the employee will have access to the original Allowed list (from the URL Filter) and, on top of that, they will have access to the websites you defined on the Custom Allowed list during the defined time period.
- Custom Blocked List: the Employee will not have access to the websites on the custom blocked list during the defined time period.
Creating an Internet Schedule
- Highlight the group you want to assign a scheduler to and select Internet Scheduler under the BrowseControl tab on the right hand side of the CurrentWare Console.
- Click on the Add button to create a new schedule.
- Select the Schedule Start and Stop Times
- Select the Schedule type
- Select the Schedule Frequency: Daily, Weekly or Monthly
- Click on the Add Schedule button to create the Internet Schedule.
- Click on Enable Scheduler
- Click on Apply to Clients
Go ahead and use the Scheduler to give your employees a few breaks. At the end of the day, they may get more work done.